EmberChat is a chat application made with web technologies as native application.
- common chat features
- native application
- end to end encryption for user-user chats
It useses appserver.io as server and ember.js as application framework. The native applications
are build within a node-webkit runtime which runs on several platforms. Main
project on github.
Download EmberChat v0.1.0 (beta)
There is currently no server online available so if you want to use it host your own
server. To get an idea..
Before you'll report a bug look at the planned features section, probably it's not implemented yet. Please report
Bugs on github.
- end-to-end encryption (RSA/AES)
- rooms(multiple users)
- automated rejoin after authentication
- notification on site on message
- native app
- MacOS, Windows, Linux32, Linux64
- desktop notifications
- create rooms
- create/remove users
- remove rooms
- auto reconnect
- automated 'version changed' notification
- timestamp for conversation content
- server uptime
- semantic rendering for urls
- history for sent messages(arrow up/down in textfield)
- improved error/success messaging
- @mention in rooms
- dedicated admin backend(appliance setup, creating users etc.)
- and lots of more(global voting/message system, file transfer, semantic rendering(code), emoticons ;-), video conversation, more test coverage, design, user state)
Matthias Witte (Twitter/GitHub).
not sure so far